Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm back baby!

I’m about half way through my second glass of wine on a Tuesday evening and was just asked when I’m going to update my blog… how about now?


So, it’s been 5 months. What have I been up to? Well, I went to the Philippines for two months. That was sort of interesting and there are a few stories, but I’ll save them for another time. I didn’t play much when I was there but did win a couple of grand so it was good. When I got back I lost a couple of grand so once again I was living off rakeback bitches! (I fully understand that my usage of bitches was completely gratuitous, and I don’t care.)


When I got back shit needed to get done. I worked on my deck for a week (yah, yah, still have to do railing, fuck that – always next year), and a buddy visited for a week, and things weren’t going very well (break even) so when I got a random call from my old boss when I was at Walmart buying golf balls at 2pm on a Wednesday I became a bit intrigued.


I told him I needed to think about it for a bit and then a couple of days later he called me back. One of his proposals peaked my interest and we pursued it. I’m back to work. My job is a lot different than it once was, and I’m still adjusting to it. I work downtown and ride the bus an hour each way, which isn’t bad for me because I just read and I love to read.


Weird thing about it all is that when I got off the phone with him I was going to start in one week (actually took longer) and my first thought was, “I’m done. Time for a break. A much needed break.” I didn’t think about the game for about a week, but as mentioned things took longer than expected and I decided I needed some cash. I logged on, played 50 hands and was stuck a grand. 50 hands later I was still stuck a grand but said fuck it. I haven’t played since. That was sometime around August 20th give or take a few days. I have barely thought about the game at all since then and am definitely on an extended hiatus. I’m going to pursue some other interests for a little while and come back to the game when it feels right. Not sure when that will be.


I have more to say about this, and now that I’ve started talking I want to say more, but I will save that for a later date. Anyways, I felt I owed my readers a little something after all this time. I miss you guys, and gals… I know how the ladies like Buck! YAH BABY!

No comments: